Many people in developed countries find that quality sleep is an increasingly missing element in daily life. With complex and busy lives, we demand much of our mental energy and are exposed to more information and stimulation than ever before. This way of living is often counteractive to healthy sleep unless we take specific measures to nurture it. Beyond making us feel uncomfortable, prolonged insufficient sleep (6 hours or less as a routine is insufficient sleep for most people) leads to a number of health concerns, such as;
- Difficulty comprehending or solving problems
- Not performing optimally at work
- Inability to focus or perform well
- Loss of memory
- Depression and increased anxiety
- Weight gain and increased intake of food
- Hormonal disturbance
- Low immunity
- Increased risk of high blood pressure and diabetes
- Physical symptoms such as general tiredness, irritability, sore eyes and headaches
If modern living is the yang, this retreat is the yin. Starting at 7 nights, it’s a time to rest and reset, and to be with oneself. It is a way to find your inner stillness and come back to your body’s own natural sleep-wake cycles. We combine a medical understanding of your sleep pattern through an in-house polysomnography (overnight sleep test) with therapies that soothe and calm the mind. We encourage a pure healthy cuisine diet without caffeine, chocolate or other foods that overstimulate the nervous system. This retreat is a partnership, as we ask each guest to commit to zero screen time after sunset (around 6pm) and to not switch on any devices until after breakfast.
Benefits of this program
- Release stress, in find inner calm and stillness
- Promote deeper, healthier sleeping patterns
- Gain a deeper understanding of your sleep patterns and gain expert advice on improving your sleep duration and quality from both a medical and holistic perspective
- Rejuvenate body and mind
- Learn relaxation and breathing techniques to help reduce stress and promote better sleep
- Optimize health and wellbeing through calming the nervous system
- The process starts at home as the week before we ask that you gradually reduce your caffeine intake, if taken usually, to a limit of one coffee, tea, or green tea per day, in the morning. We also ask that you avoid sugar and chocolate as these too have a stimulant effect.
- Your wellness consultation helps us to understand your recent health and wellbeing history, your goals, and importantly your sleep patterns and habits. Your program can then be personalized according to this information.
- You are then ready to embark on your personal wellness journey to inner calm. Enjoy daily morning exercise, healthy cuisine meals and holistic treatments with the common theme of calming the nervous system and promoting better sleep.
- On the 2nd or 3rd night of your program your sleep test is arranged. This is performed in your guest room by qualified sleep technicians from Bangkok hospital Phuket and interpreted by a doctor of neurology. You will receive your results and accompanying recommendations during your stay.
- On completion of your program, it is our hope that you are sleeping sounder, longer and deeper and you feel the benefits of this – refreshed and rejuvenated in body and mind. You will leave the resort with the experiential knowledge to apply elements of your stay at home so you can continue to cultivate healthy sleep in the long term.
Who is this retreat for?
The best way to establish who this retreat is for is to look at the symptoms that poor sleep creates; if you have any of the following symptoms, this retreat may be for you;
- weight gain
- feelings of sluggishness and poor concentration
- waking unrefreshed
- habitual device/ screen use long into the night
- busy mind at night
- restless, light sleepers
- stressful lifestyle, frequent colds and flues (low immunity)
- can’t switch off at night
- would like to be generally calmer
Who is this retreat not for?
As this is a more holistic approach to sleep, this retreat is not appropriate for serious health conditions with concurrent insomnia, such as mental health disorders, drug addiction or those looking to come off prescription sleep medication.
Sleep is the best meditation – Dalai Lama
Sleep Optimization Retreat Inclusions (starts from 7 nights):
- Accommodation as per selected room category
- Round trip airport transfers
- Full board, 3 healthy cuisine meals per day or set detox program
- Individual wellness consultation (60 minutes)
- Departure consultation (30 minutes)
- Blood pressure check up
- Physical analysis (30 minutes)
Plus treatments & activities listed below:
- 2 Lavender sleep ritual massage (90 minutes)
- 1 Follow up consultation (30 minutes)
- 1 Indian head massage (60 minutes)
- 1 Neurologist consultation (sleep test results, sleep hygiene consultation)
- 1 Polysomnography (overnight sleep test)
- 1 Private pranayama session (50 minutes)
- 1 Shirodhara treatment (60 minutes)
- 1 Signature of Amatara massage (90 minutes)
- 1 Yoga Nidra deep relaxation session (50 minutes)
- Daily group fitness classes, including meditation and yoga
- Rare juvenile oarfish captured on camera for first time ever on Great Barrier Reef
- Tropical North Queensland sets new domestic records
- What’s New in Rockhampton QLD in 2022
- P&O Cruises Australia Marks The International Day of the Seafarer With an Array of Mouth-watering Treats Onboard Pacific Adventure