Hop on for a whirlwind gastronomic adventure around the world at the newly-renovated award-winning buffet restaurant, Carousel, Royal Plaza on Scotts Singapore. Featuring up to 17 stations of culinary delights, the restaurant’s selection of international cuisines is bound to tantalise every diner’s taste buds and satiate even the most ravenous appetites.
Not sure where to begin? Dive straight into the ocean’s fresh catches at Carousel’s renowned seafood station, which displays an impressive spread (up to 13 different varieties!), leaving diners spoilt for choice. It is one of the restaurant’s highlights and the most popular among diners.
One of the latest additions to Carousel’s buffet counters includes the Brazilian churrasco station. Hot off the grill, the flavourful smoky meats are drenched in marinade for 24 hours to keep the meat tender and to lock in the juices.
Other stations in Carousel to fill up one’s tummy for the main courses include Mediterranean, Asian and Japanese (just to name a few).
Every meal needs a sweet ending. While keeping Carousel’s 45 year-old signature bread & butter pudding on the menu, the pastry chef reinvents one of the dessert counters to bring diners an element of surprise. Introducing Garden Desserts, where the recipes call for the use of garden ingredients (beetroot, coriander, rhubarb and more) not commonly incorporated into desserts. Diners can look forward to be intrigued by the unique creations. Besides, Carousel’s premium ice-cream flavours are not to be missed. The ones with a local twist – kaya toast, chendol and salted egg yolk, come highly recommended!
At Carousel, diners are in for an immersive dining experience. The layout of the buffet counters is designed such that movement in the restaurant mimics a ride on the Carousel – a meandering path to cover all the counters. The open kitchen concept allows diners to have a glimpse of the chefs at work, especially at the live stations. Music is carefully curated to set the atmosphere with contemporary uplifting tracks ideal for a lighted-hearted bonding session over a good meal.
Completing the experience is the restaurant’s revamped interior – modern contemporary design spiced up by a playful mix of colours and textures to bring out its casual yet bright personality. An eye-catching feature wall starring Peranakan style shophouse windows is one of the main accents; where a spectrum of vibrant colours meets intricate details.
For a more intimate setting, Carousel’s State Rooms, which can each accommodate up to 14 people, is the preferred choice when it comes to gatherings. Warmly illuminated by a crystal chandelier, the State Rooms offer a private perfect setting to host a memorable event.
Oh yes, always let the Carousel team know when there is a birthday celebration. There is a dance number and some cheering involved at every dinner service.
With Carousel opening seven days a week, there really is every compelling reason to visit Royal Plaza on Scotts.
Carousel is located at Royal Plaza on Scotts, 25 Scotts Road, Singapore 228220.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience