American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) has appointed Gerardo Tejado as General Manager of American Express Meetings & Events, a division of GBT.
In his new role, Tejado will report to GBT’s Executive Vice President of Global Supplier Relations Michael Qualantone and be based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Tejado replaces Issa Jouaneh, who after leading the globalisation and expansion of the American Express Meetings & Events business over the last decade, is leaving to pursue other interests.
Qualantone said: “Gerardo brings great experience to his new role, not only on the Meetings & Events side, but also from a commercial, finance and operations perspective. He has been central to the growth of our business in Latin America over the past seven years.”
Tejado will be focused on prioritising a technology-driven transformation of the attendee experience for clients of American Express Meetings & Events.
He said: “American Express Meetings & Events has an amazing team of people that is passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers, their event attendees and meeting participants. I am a strong believer in collaboration and team effort and look forward to leading and learning from this great group of industry innovators.”
Tejado was previously Vice President and General Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), where he was responsible for doubling the size of the GBT footprint in the region and opening the company’s propriety operation in Colombia in 2017. David Reimer, GBT SVP and General Manager for the Americas, will now oversee the LAC team and operation.
With 17 years at American Express and GBT, Tejado has driven success in various commercial and client management facing roles. He has an industrial engineering degree from the Universidad Iberoamericana and holds a Master of Science in Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam