Annual 2018/2017 Comparisons
U.S. air travel to overseas markets (1) totale
- Europe, 17.7 million travelers, up 12 percent
- Caribbean, 8.3 million travelers, up five percent
- Asia, 6.3 million travelers, up eight percent
- Central America, 3.2 million travelers, up seven percent
- Middle East, 2.4 million travelers, up six percent
- South America, 2.1 million travelers, up nine percent
- Oceania, 861,000 travelers, up 11 percent
- Africa, 432,000 travelers, up seven percent
U.S. travel to North American markets totaled 51.3 million, up four percent compared to 2017.
- To Mexico, U.S. travelers totaled a record 36.9 million, up six percent
- ‘Tourist’ (longer haul travel) 19.1 million, up four percent.
- U.S. air travel to Mexico (10.1 million), part of ‘Tourist’, was up three percent
- Border (1+ nights travel) 17.8 million, increased eight percent.
- To Canada, 14.3 million U.S. travelers, ‘flat’ year-over-year. Air travel (4.6 million) was down four percent
Annual 2018 Market Shares
U.S. air travel to overseas locations accounte
- Europe, a 19 percent share (up one percentage point from 2017);
- Caribbean, a nine percent share; (down one percentage point from 2017)
- Asia, a seven percent share;
- Central America, a four percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- South America, a two percent share);
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost a one percent share
North American markets received 55 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico a 40 percent share;
- To Canada, a 15 percent share (down one percentage point from 2017).
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience