The big achievers of the Australasian cruising world have been named at this year’s annual Cruise Industry Awards, the biggest night of the year for the Australian and New Zealand cruise community.
Held by Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Australasia, the gala dinner and awards night attracted more than 500 guests to Sydney’s Star Event Centre on Saturday and helped mark another successful year in the thriving cruise sector. A total of 20 honours were presented in an evening hosted by actor and singer Tim Campbell, including awards for travel agencies and individuals from across both countries.
CLIA Australasia Managing Director Joel Katz said this year’s awards had been among the most successful of the event’s 18-year history.
“We had a record number of submissions this year which made for a heightened level of competition,” Mr Katz said. “It proves that travel agents are more engaged than ever and more dedicated to developing their cruise business, which makes them a key driver of the ongoing growth in the cruise industry.”
Top winners on the night included Australia’s Cruise Consultant of the Year, Gail Chapman of Dreamlines Australia, and New Zealand’s Cruise Consultant of the Year, Kiri Martin of YOU Travel Orewa.
Phil Hoffman Travel was named Australia’s Large Cruise Agency of the Year, while helloworld Milford & Browns Bay was chosen as New Zealand’s Large Cruise Agency of the Year. Australia’s Small Cruise Agency of the Year was itravel Carlingford, while New Zealand’s Small Cruise Agency of the Year was tied between House of Travel Kapiti Coast and helloworld Rotorua.
A highlight honour was the induction of Crystal Cruises Managing Director & Senior Vice President Australia & New Zealand Karen Christensen into the CLIA Hall of Fame, recognising her for more than 30 years in the Australasian cruise industry and her long association with CLIA.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience