Hundreds of lucrative Caribbean travel rewards have become available for North Americans craving to escape to the sun. Thanks to a new free-to-play trivia game, travelers can claim discounts on airfare, hotels, restaurants, and tours when they download and play Trippzy, a mobile game created in a partnership between travel journalists and app developers.
Trippzy players will answer trivia questions about the Caribbean and accumulate TripCoinsTM that can be used toward airfare, hotel discounts, admission to attractions, meal vouchers, and more. The most attractive reward is a package to Curaçao valued at more than $5,000, and includes roundtrip airfare for two, a luxury hotel stay, $500 in cash, and VIP experiences.
“You thought you knew the Caribbean? Think again. Kudos to the team at Trippzy who have created a fun, educational game. We are thrilled to be showcasing the Caribbean in a new and innovative way to future travelers,” says Nancy Drolet, the Caribbean Tourism Organization’s Business Development Representative for Canada. “Education should be fun — and how great that you can earn discounts while playing? We are thrilled to be participating and look forward to welcoming more travelers to the Caribbean.”
Along with Curaçao, the Caribbean nations teaming with Trippzy are Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, and Nevis.
“I love that Trippzy offers players the chance to earn points towards travel. The more you play, the smarter you get, and the faster you earn,” says leading travel influencer Debra Corbeil of the Planet D, who got a sneak peek of the game last week. Corbeil won a live Trippzy tournament for media members and later tweeted that she played again when she went home, touting the game as “addictive.”
Americans spend an average of 30 minutes per day playing mobile games, which is more time than they spend watching YouTube or Netflix, according to industry reports. The top downloaded mobile app in both 2015 and 2017 was a trivia game.
“For zero monetary investment and only a handful of hours of their staffing time, the Caribbean tourism boards are able to use Trippzy to address two of their biggest challenges: how to engage younger consumers and how to drive more off-season visitation,” says Trippzy Co-Founder Adrian Brijbassi. “Through the game, a mobile-phone owner is introduced to amazing places, learns exciting facts about them, acquires incentives to visit them, and secures a vacation booking — all within minutes.”
Trippzy is available for download on iOS and Android devices everywhere.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!