Oman Air, the national carrier of the Sultanate of Oman, has received level 3 New Distribution Capability (NDC) certification; the highest certification awarded by International Air Transport Association (IATA).
NDC is a travel industry-supported programme that facilitates communications between airlines and travel agents. It is intended to create a new distribution standard for the airline industry and enables merchandising, personalisation, and other innovations. Oman Air achieving level 3 certification demonstrates the airline’s commitment and ability to execute full offer and order management.
Commenting on the announcement, Eng. Abdulaziz Al Raisi, Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, said: “It is great news that Oman Air has become the first airline to deliver live NDC transactions and subsequently receive a Level 3 certification. Achieving this certification confirms the airline’s core value of offering the very best fares and options to our customers whilst providing the best savings. IATA NDC Level 3 Certification on Schema 18.2 will enable Oman Air to improve sales of ancillaries through our direct channels, customise offers including dynamic pricing and showcase all the rich content available on the direct channel today. Achieving this certificate is certainly a step in the right direction towards cementing our position as a world-class airline.”
NDC enables Oman Air to have better control of the distribution as offers and orders are built in the airline environment. One Order, the biggest shift for the airline industry’s order-management infrastructure since it embraced e-tickets in 2008 is being enabled by New Distribution Capability.
Umesh Chhiber, Vice President – Revenue Optimization and Pricing, stated: “With complete deployment of NDC standard within Oman Air’s distribution system, air travelers will benefit from greater transparency and access to limitless ancillary, optional products and services when shopping via Travel Agents or any of the Online Travel Agencies. For those travelers who wish to identify themselves through our travel agency channel, Oman Air can create and push personalized offers. We are glad to have partnered with TPConnects, an innovative NDC DUAL Level 3 Certified Travel Technology Company, with advanced Offer management and NDC Order capabilities as the IT Provider and Travel Aggregator for Oman Air. Travel Partners globally who wish to access Oman Air NDC content can register on https://ndc.omanair.com ”
Oman Air is a pioneer in innovation and product development. This certification comes on the back of a multitude of accolades and accomplishments achieved by the airline including four World Travel Awards and second cleanest and quietest carrier at UK’s Heathrow Airport.
Furthermore, the analysis of On-Time performance in November and December 2018 shows an increase by 3% and 10% respectively compared to the same period in 2017. This is achieved while handling higher number of flights and guests over the same period in the previous year.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience