Outrigger Hotels and Resorts has appointed Ike Cockett as general manager; Edwin Torres as assistant general manager; and Shouma Moniz as director of sales and marketing for the reimagined Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger® — a modern, lifestyle hotel located in the center of Waikiki.
Following a $35 million modernization, the reimagined property is filled with local artwork and the music of Hawaii. The makeover includes all-new guest rooms and meeting room as well as complete modernizations to the lobby, pool deck, public spaces and hotel exterior.
“As we unveil Outrigger’s first upscale lifestyle hotel in Waikiki – we’re pleased to introduce a leadership team that has the experience and energy to match,” said Mike Shaff, Outrigger’s VP of hotel operations for Hawaii and Guam. “With its prime location, Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger is ready to welcome vacationers to the ocean-inspired accommodations with crafted guest experiences and inspired local dining from Maui Brewing Company and Hawaiian Aroma Caffe.”
Cockett will lead all operational aspects of the property including sales, host engagement, customer service and financial performance.
Most recently general manager at the OHANA Waikiki East by Outrigger, Cockett came from AZUL Hawaii Resorts where he was regional manager – business development. He also held general manager positions at Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu (Marriott Autograph Collection); Wyndham Timeshare Princeville (Bali Hai, Ka ‘Eo Kai, Shearwater and Makai Club); Courtyard by Marriott Kauai at Coconut Beach; and The Ilikai Hotel.
Cockett holds a bachelor’s in political science from the University of Hawaii.
As assistant general manager, Torres will assist Cockett in overseeing all operating departments while ensuring guest satisfaction with an eye to the bottom line.
Most recently food and beverage director at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, Torres’ current career highlights are as director of event operations for the Grand Hotel Marriott in Point Clear, Alabama; food and beverage director at W Vieques Retreat & Spa in Vieques, Puerto Rico, and for Scrub Island Resort, Spa and Marina in British Virgin Islands.
As director of sales and marketing, Moniz is responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategy and related plans to maximize the hotel’s revenue market share and optimize source market profitability.
Most recently director of sales and marketing at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, Moniz held the same role at Homewood Suites SF Airport North and Mission Bay Conference Center. Sales and operations experience at Hilton Grand Vacations and Marriott International were acquired early in his hospitality career. Moniz holds a master’s of business administration and a bachelor’s in economics and international relations with a minor in Japanese from the University of California, Davis.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!