Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort has added a night club, an adult bar, a teens club, cooking classes and cocktail making to its guest attractions.
The popular 181-key resort on the idyllic southern tip of Mauritius has opened the Onyx night club. The outlet is aimed at groups staying at the resort, especially those who use the purpose-built Crystal marquee for events. Guests can now continue the party after hours at the Onyx that features space for 200 guests, dance floor, DJ console, bar sitting area and an area for catering.
The resort has also unveiled The Garden Pool adults-only bar in the resort’s quiet pool zone. The intimate outdoor bar with ocean view is open all day. It is a popular venue for both pre-dinner sundowners and after-meal drinks.
Teenagers now have their own all-day Teens Club with music, Wi-Fi, pool and soccer tables, air hockey and lounge chairs for chilling out.
“We listened carefully to guest feedback and added many new aspects to the resort,” said Cyrille Carmona, the general manager. “Whatever your mood, age or preference, guests can engage, relax or get active in many rewarding ways all round the property.”
As part of the changes, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort has also launched two cooking classes: modern Mauritian Creole and Indian, led by chefs Jerome and Sadien. Guests choose local ingredients, some from the chef’s garden at the resort. Moving to the kitchen, they then learn modern cooking techniques under supervision from the five-star chefs.
There is an emphasis on local Mauritian cooking traditions that combine native Creole with Indian, Arabic, French, British and African inspirations. Guests dine on what they’ve cooked, with chefs making sure they won’t be disappointed.
At the end of the lesson, each guest receives a recipe booklet. Classes are designed for between 2 and 10 people and cost Rs1,500 (US$42/€37/£33) per person for Mauritian and Rs2,000 (US$56/€49/£44) for Indian.
Each cooking class includes cocktail making to accompany the food.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience