This week, Discover Los Angeles together with Delta Air Lines, Virgin Australia, West Hollywood Travel & Tourism Board and Universal Studios Hollywood, hosted its annual luxury travel agent event, inviting luxury travel agents to an evening of feasting in celebration of Thanksgiving.
Taking place in Sydney on the 19th and Brisbane 21st of November, guests of the Sydney event were treated to an exclusive Thanksgiving menu specially designed by Virgin Australia’s on-board celebrity chef, Luke Mangan. Over three-courses, guests indulged in American classics such as roast turkey, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie and buttermilk sorbet.
Craig Gibbons, Regional Director Australia & New Zealand for Discover Los Angeles said, “We’re thrilled to join our partners in hosting this event to celebrate Thanksgiving on Aussie soil, while giving agents a taste of the city’s bespoke luxury offerings.
“Los Angeles offers a unique style of laid-back luxury, which we know resonates well with Aussie travellers. From the moment visitors arrive, they can enjoy a premium experience at LAX and continue that luxe theme through to dining, accommodation, experiences and shopping.”
Luxury offerings vary throughout the city, from LAX with its upmarket Westfield offering at Tom Bradley International Terminal, or the high-end exclusive terminal, The Private Suite. Accommodation options span the city from the beach to Downtown, including the recently opened HotelFigueroa and NoMad LA, La Peer West Hollywood; and Westdrift Manhattan Beach, an Autograph Collection. Visitors can experience fine dining at Michelin-starred restaurants, through to shopping at Westfield Century City, and look forward to the highly-anticipated 2019 opening of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience