The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong’s Michelinstarred Culinary Director, Chef Richard Ekkebus is delighted to announce that Amber’s next exclusive Four Hands Dinners on the 5th and 6th November 2018 feature a fabulous collaboration with Italian chef Luca Fantin of Il Ristorante — Luca Fantin, situated in the Bvlgari Ginza Tower, Tokyo.
The inspired two-night culinary exchange builds upon a recent prestigious collaborative dinner in Tokyo, again transcending cultural borders with two acclaimed international chefs cooking in Asian capitals using French and Italian techniques, and remarkable Japanese ingredients.
“Expect something completely adventurous, unexpected and a truly unique dining experience to savour in every way,” says Richard Ekkebus. “Our menu will feature both classic dishes and new creations that reflect elements of our individual personalities – a case of when two is definitely better than one.”
Friends of Amber’s memorable dinners have previously featured a veritable who’s who of culinary masters including Chilean chef Rodolfo Guzmán, Singapore’s André Chiang, legendary Spanish master Ferran Adrià, Australian chef Dan Hunter, celebrated Japanese chef Kenichiro Yamauchi and Mingoo Kang from Korea.
Chef Fantin, who was nominated ‘Best Italian Chef in The World’ by Italian culinary guide Identità Golose in 2014, has been based in Tokyo since 2009, when he was 29. He interprets his own sophisticated contemporary version of traditional Italian cuisine by elaborating topquality Japanese local raw materials in season with refined techniques and creativity. Fantin is inspired by the four seasons and his culinary philosophy is research, consistency, passion and love.
Amber is ranked 7 on the 2018 list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants. Il Ristorante ranks at number 28 and is one of only 11 listed restaurants from Japan and the only one led by a non-Japanese chef.
At this exclusive two-night only collaborative dinner (HKD2,688 per person), the two chefs will join forces to create a glorious gastronomic experience with their delectable and inspirational dishes that include favourites such as savoury passion fruit macaron with oyster, greek yoghurt and wakame dust, cold spaghetti monograno felicetti with sea urchin, and white alba truffles shaved over a celeriac ‘millefeuille’, granny smith gel celeriac mousseline and emulsion.
A 8-glass wine pairing tasting menu (HKD1,588 per person) is also available, with cocktails and wines chosen to match each course by our head sommelier John Chan.
Note: prices are subject to 10% service charge and no corkage will be permitted at this very special culinary event.
Advance booking is required. For information and reservations, please contact Amber at phone: +852 2132 0066 or email: email@example.com
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation