Edward Tracy, CEO of Hard Rock Asia, today announced the appointment of Ado Machida as its new President of Hard Rock Japan.
Machida comes to Hard Rock Japan from Navigators Global LLC, a management consulting organization specializing in strategic government relations, crisis management, and business development. As both the Principal and Director of Issues and Policy Management, he advised Japanese and US manufacturers, financial services, and hi-tech firms looking to expand across the Pacific. Prior to Navigators Global, Machida was Director of Policy Implementation for the Trump Transition effort, where he was responsible for managing more than 200 people to develop the strategic action plans for the Trump Administration. Additionally, he also served as Chief Domestic Policy Officer for Vice President Cheney as well as serving in various leadership and advisory roles for Senator Bob Dole and his then Presidential Campaign. Machida has also held positions with Goldman Sachs & CO., both in New York and Tokyo, and also worked at the Boston Consulting Group based in Tokyo early in his career.
“Ado is well versed in foreign affairs and has specialized in international law, finance, business development, and team building,” said Jim Allen, chairman and CEO of Hard Rock International. “He will play a key role in leading Hard Rock Japan’s expansion efforts in developing a new luxurious Japanese Integrated Resort focused on offering the best overall entertainment and amenities for family and friends to experience. I am pleased to welcome Ado Machida to the Hard Rock family.”
In addition to his vast international business background, Machida is a law graduate from both Kyoto University and the New York University of Law. He also studied at ColombiaUniversity before transferring to Kyoto University, as well as attended Harvard Graduate School of Business before electing to pursue a career with an emerging growth company. Machida has also made various appearances in Japanese media, such as NHK, Fuji, Nikkei, Asahi, Nippon TV and Sankei as a subject matter expert on American policy.
“With Machida’s Japanese fluency, his understanding of the Japanese culture and legal knowledge, along with his passion and experience in building bilateral business partnerships that focus on sustainable success, Ado has the leadership skill set that brings a key component to our team,” said Edward Tracy, chief executive officer of Hard Rock Asia.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience