ANA InterContinental Tokyo is delighted to present the world’s first ever Ruby Chocolate Afternoon Tea, served at ATRIUM Lounge on the hotel’s second floor. This afternoon delight is inclusive of 11 richly flavoured “Petits Gâteaux Assortis” – an assortment of 11 exquisite varieties of moist, gently baked, crimson coloured sweets, all handcrafted from Ruby Chocolate – the world’s newest form of chocolate, and served with a side of 5 different savoury bites and a choice of beverages.
About Ruby Chocolate
Sweet, slightly spicy and totally natural, and the fourth variety of chocolate after dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate, Ruby Chocolate was developed and created by Belgian-Swiss cocoa company, Barry Callebaut in September 2017. The chocolate does not contain any berries, fruit flavours, colourants or genetically-modified ingredients. Callebaut claims that ruby chocolate owes its smoky-rose colour and distinctive taste solely to the “expert selection and meticulous processing of the ruby beans”. The taste is one of intense fruitiness, with fresh and sour notes. Its flavour has been described as completely unlike dark chocolate, closer to that of white chocolate but more complex, with a bright berry note and a tartness that’s balanced by sweetness. Initially, there’s a fleeting perception of milk chocolate, thanks to its milk powder content, but it quickly gives way to the fresh berry piquancy.
About Chocolate Sensations
The Ruby Chocolate Afternoon Tea is the headliner for ‘Chocolate Sensations’ a lusciously lip-smacking international culinary festival starring Ruby Chocolate and celebrating all that is chocolate. Over 4,500 kgs of chocolate will be hand-crafted into 220 delicious items, to be made available every day until 26th December 2018 in 11 of ANA InterContinental Tokyo’s restaurants and bars.
From 1st November, innovative workshops and seminars will be available, staged by international bean to bar specialists, artisanal producers of fine chocolate as well as local curators of chocolate. Other treats in store include a photographic celebration of cocoa beans and sculptures carved from chocolate. A 4.5-metre-high Tokyo Tower handcrafted from Ladurée chocolate macarons will set the scene, while six pop-up shops within the hotel will add further sensation, colour and scrumptiousness.
Chocolate Sensations starring Ruby Chocolate aims to ensure that visitors, curious observers, tasters and participants will never think about chocolate in the same way again!
CHOCOLATE SENSATIONS Starring Ruby Chocolate
[PART 1 at Restaurants & Bars: 1st October – 26 December]
*8% sales tax and 13% service charge will bedded.
- ATRIUM LOUNGE (2FL.): Ruby Chocolate Afternoon Tea Set (¥6,400)
- The Champagne Bar (3FL.): Chocolate Dessert Buffet (¥5,600 / Weekend & Holiday ¥6,200)
- PIERRE GAGNAIRE PAINS et GATEAUX (2FL.): Ruby Chocolate Patisserie (from ¥280)
- Pierre Gagnaire (36FL.): Pink Ladies Lunch / Dessert “Sphere Ruby” (¥12,000 *Wednesdays only)
- MIXX BAR & LOUNGE (36FL.): Ruby Chocolate Pairing (¥4,000)
- THE STEAKHOUSE (3FL.): 5 chocolate desserts designed with the collaboration of Cacao Hunters (from¥1200)
- DA VINCI BAR (3FL.) : New Discovery of Chocolate Pairing with Wine (from ¥3,000)
- UNKAI Japanese Restaurant (3FL.): Chocolate Box (¥4,500)
- Teppanyaki AKASAKA (36FL.): Parfait glacé au chocolat par UN GRAIN (¥1,900)
- Cascade Cafe (2FL.) : Chocolate Desserts in lunch and dinner buffets
- KARIN Chinese Restaurant (3FL.): Chocolate desserts by Cacaoken in dinner courses
[PART 2 : 1st November – 26 December]
*prices are including tax and service charge. Reservation required.
- 31 workshops and seminars with: Cacao Hunters, PALET D’OR, Musée Du Chocolat Théobroma, Et Fève, Dandelion Chocolate, Cacaoken, UN GRAIN, Pierre Gagnaire. (from ¥4,000 per session)
- 6 Pop-up shops with: CACAO SAMPAKA, CHOCI, Cacao Hunters, Cacaoken, Dandelion Chocolate, Musée Du Chocolat Théobroma.
- Exposition of chocolate-inspired photography by Naoto Ishimaru (free)
- Exposition of chocolate sculptures by chocolatiers and patissiers (free)