An underground motel, indigenous rock art, striking desert scenery and Australia’s lowest point – Lake Eyre – are among the iconic outback experiences featured on nine 2018 tours offered by outback tourism company, Tri State Safaris.
To mark the end of the 2018 season, Tri State Safaris – part of the Out of the Ordinary Outback tourism group – is offering a 10 per cent discount on nine of its tours running for three days or longer, if bookings and travel are made by December 31, 2018. Including the discount, the tours cost from $1012 per person, twin-share with concession prices also available. All bookings include a bonus welcome bag with gifts and items including a special water bottle to help you on your trip.
Ten tours are available including:
* Three-day tours – the Outback Exposure, Mungo Deluxe eco tour and Broken Hill Highlights
* The four-day Corner Country tour
* Five-day tours – the NSW Outback Lap, Flinders Ranges Spectacular and Lake Eyre Discovery tours
* as well as a six-day Outback Dreaming package and an eight-day Birdsville Outback loop
Highlighted itineraries include:
* Three-day Outback Exposure Tour: Relax by the meandering Darling River, enjoy the picturesque Menindee Lakes and step inside restricted access historic sites with their ancient rock engravings, preserving the stories of one of the world’s longest surviving cultures. The tour departs regularly from March to December, 2018. Ideal for developing a taste for outback adventure, it costs from $1305 per person, twin-share, including the 10 per cent discount.
*Five-day Outback Lap: Explore Cobar’s copper mining heritage, learn about the indigenous heritage of the Mutawintji people, meet locals, stay in an underground motel and soak up sights of natural beauty at the Menindee region, Darling River and Mungo National Park. Including the discount, it costs from $2385 per person, twin-share.
* Five-day Lake Eyre Discovery Tour: Discover Australia’s lowest natural point, sitting at 15 metres below sea level Lake Eyre is one of the outback’s biggest treasures. See the incredible colours and patterns of the lake from above on an included flight over the vast natural wonder and explore the striking landscapes of the Flinders Ranges on this five-day tour. Including the discount, it costs from $3924 per person, twin share.
Fares includes accommodation and meals.
Tri State Safaris is owned by Out of the Ordinary Outback, an expanding tourism business in far west NSW which also owns seven properties- The Argent Motel and Tourist Lodge in Broken Hill, Warrawong on the Darling tourist camp and cabins at Wilcannia, the famous White Cliffs Underground Motel, Cobar’s Copper City Motel, the Ivanhoe Hotel and the Broken Hill Outback Resort, which opened in September, 2018. Out of the Ordinary Outback’s own visitor centre also operates in Broken Hill.
To book or for more information, visit www.tristate.com.au or call 1300 688 225.
- Rare juvenile oarfish captured on camera for first time ever on Great Barrier Reef
- Tropical North Queensland sets new domestic records
- What’s New in Rockhampton QLD in 2022
- P&O Cruises Australia Marks The International Day of the Seafarer With an Array of Mouth-watering Treats Onboard Pacific Adventure