Sanctuary Retreats’ refurbished Sanctuary Sun Boat IV unveiled.
A bucket list destination for centuries, there never has there been a better time to travel Egypt. An extended period of stability has seen a real resurgence of interest in a country which is buzzing with renewed optimism and visitors are starting to flood back.
But if you need any more persuading, then a Nile cruise aboard the recently unveiled Sanctuary Sun Boat IV, back on the river after an extensive refurbishment, is guaranteed to tempt. Following the mighty Nile from Aswan to Luxor through the heart of Egypt, the stunningly transformed Sanctuary Sun Boat IV brings new levels of elegance to the Nile with its contemporary-yet-classic design.
With just forty rooms, including two presidential suites and two royal suites, time on the Sanctuary Sun Boat IV is spent in unrivalled luxury. In each cabin, elegance has been elevated with rich teak flooring, Egyptian marble, hand-painted decorative details and other distinctive touches including neutral-toned textiles complementing soft fabrics draped artfully over sumptuous oversized beds. Here, and elsewhere throughout the ship, shades of sandstone echo the colour scheme of the surrounding desert and temples, blending traditional references with a modern sense of style, to create a serene and tranquil environment a world away from traditional river-cruise cabins.
Of course, each cruise on the Sanctuary Sun Boat IV is as cultured as it is calming. On board, guests can indulge in exquisite meals prepared by gourmet chefs and discover the secrets to regional specialities such as Kushari, a spicy mix of black lentil, rice, chickpeas with tomato and fried onion, and Mahshi – delicious stuffed vegetables; enjoy a Nubian dance night and a chance to dress up in colourful traditional Egyptian galabeyas; or soak up the sun by the ship’s spectacular river-view pool – the perfect place to watch Egypt’s ancient sites pass by.
Indeed, gliding down the world’s longest waterway, the county’s past remains vibrant and alive in its many majestic monuments and relics, threaded along the river banks. Cruises take in some of the best-known highlights including the Valley of the Kings and Queens, the Temple of Karnak the Unfinished Obelisk, Philae and Luxor, as well the more remote, but equally spectacular Denderah, Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples, with expert Egyptologists on hand to bring history to life on all shore excursions.
Sanctuary Retreats offers a choice of Sanctuary Sun Boat IV cruises ranging from three to seven nights and 2019 cruises are priced from USD960 per person twin share.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam