The Indian Hotels Company Limited’s (IHCL) iconic brand, Taj has stood a firm favourite at the annual Conde Nast Traveler US Readers’ Choice Awards 2018.
Five Taj hotels ranked among the 50 Best Hotels in the World with Hyderabad’s ‘Mirror in the Sky’, Taj Falaknuma Palace at number four. Followed by Rambagh Palace, once home to the revered Maharani Gayatri Devi; 270-year old Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur set amidst landscaped Mughal gardens; the world’s sixth largest private residence Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur; and Taj’s flagship hotel The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai also featured on the list.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Puneet Chhatwal, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, The Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL) said “It is a proud moment for us to have the iconic Taj palaces recognized by our guests. Intrinsically bound with the country’s history, Taj has long been heralded as a custodian of Indian heritage. This recognition is a testament to our commitment to offering our guests a highly personalized experience amplified by the grand scale, rich history and majestic design of these landmark hotels.”
With the most hotels included from one singular brand – Taj led the category of Top 20 Hotels on the Indian Subcontinent, securing eight positions with Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad ranking number one. Followed by Rambagh Palace and Jai Mahal Palace in Jaipur, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur and The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai. Additionally, Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur; Taj Bengal, Kolkata; and Taj Lands End, Mumbai were recognized as well.
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives featured on the list of the 50 Best Resorts in the World and Top 20 Resorts in the Indian Ocean. Whilst The Pierre, New York ranked amongst the Top 40 Hotels in New York City.
Almost 5 million readers of the US publication participated in the Readers’ Choice Awards survey which ranked hotels and resorts from across the world based on a variety of criteria including service, facilities, design and food and beverage quality.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation