Baillie Lodges’ award-winning Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island has claimed best Australian Resort and third place in the Australasia and South Pacific region in the Conde Nast Traveler 2018 Readers’ Choice Awards, announced today.
Sister property luxury outback camp Longitude 131° at Uluru-Kata Tjuta was hot on the heels in second place in Australia and seventh in Australasia and South Pacific, delivering a double win for the Baillie Lodges’ collection of Australian luxury lodges.
Southern Ocean Lodge ranked 98.81 from a possible 100, while Longitude 131° came in a very close second at 98.21.
More than 429,000 readers submitted millions of ratings and tens of thousands of comments, sharing their recent travel experiences of the world’s cities, islands, hotels, resorts, cruise lines, airlines, and airports.
Baillie Lodges owner James Baillie said the recognition in the latest round of Readers’ Choice awards was especially significant as Southern Ocean Lodge celebrated a milestone tenth year of operations in 2018, with the addition of an exclusive guest lounge at Kangaroo Island Airport.
“Condé Nast Traveler is a very prestigious title and we’re proud its readers have chosen to show their support for the Baillie Lodges properties among the top hotels and resorts in Australasia and the South Pacific,” Mr Baillie said.
“We consider the awards a reflection of the outstanding guest experience delivered at each of the iconic properties and of the ongoing hard work and passion on the part of both teams.”
The Readers’ Choice winners will be celebrated in the November edition of Condé Nast Traveler and can be viewed here: www.cntraveler.com/rca
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation