Asia Pacific Travel Marketing Services (APTMS), well known for sales and marketing representation in Australia and New Zealand, is expanding its team with the addition of Emma Kim as Account Manager (DMCs) and Polly Simmons as PR Manager, creating a larger presence in Sydney.
Following the acquisition of several new clients this year, including Colorado Tourism Office, Creative Travel and LA City Tours, the Queensland-based tourism sales and representation firm has made these staff appointments during a successful growth period, with the geographical expansion in order to maximise opportunities on the ground in the travel trade and media hub of Sydney.
Emma Kim will head the DMC division of the business, representing Creative Travel, India’s largest independent and family owned destination management company, and Premium Incoming, specialising in travel to Europe for both corporate and leisure clients. Emma brings a wealth of expertise to the role, having managed the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme for Platinum card members of American Express; led the marketing for InterContinental Sydney and more recently in marketing, communications and sales for Luxperience.
A new PR function will be led by PR Manager, Polly Simmons. Polly has joined the company from London-based travel representation agency, Black Diamond, in which she represented several tourism boards and products, including Big Bus Tours, Brand USA, Colorado Tourism Office, Tourism Whistler and a number of California CVBs. She will work alongside Managing Director, Kylee Kay, and affiliated PR firms, to promote APTMS and its client base to media contacts and aspiring travellers across Australia and New Zealand.
Managing Director of APTMS, Kylee Kay, said “I am absolutely delighted to have Emma and Polly on board, and believe their diverse experience in the travel industry can add further depth to the team and ultimately enhance the profile and in-market presence for our clients, ensuring they are front-of-mind for Australian and New Zealand travellers. APTMS’ service offering across sales, PR and representation is becoming more comprehensive, with a fast-developing Sydney-based team in addition to our Burleigh Heads office.”
Account Manager Emma Kim
Emma Kim adds “With my love for travel and experience in sales and marketing for some of the world’s finest hotels, resorts and other travel products and services, I’m super excited to be joining the APTMS team at this time of growth and expansion.”
Of her appointment, Polly states “I’m thrilled to be joining Kylee and the APTMS team at an exciting time for the company as it cements a base in Sydney and has a clear vision and aspiration for growth. Having recently relocated to Sydney, I look forward to developing great working relationships with travel publications and writers across Australia and New Zealand to promote some fantastic destinations and tourism products.”
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience