A new global survey reveals the desires, demands and preferred destinations of wellness travellers.
Wellness travellers name mental health as a priority, list The Maldives as a dream destination and prefer all-inclusive packages. These are the findings of a survey conducted by Compare Retreats, the booking portal for the world’s leading luxury wellness retreats.
The global survey was conducted online with over 500 respondents providing insights into how travellers research retreats, the factors that impact their decisions and what they want from their wellness experiences.
The survey found that:
- 63% of wellness travellers rank mental health as their primary focus for visiting a resort;
- The majority of respondents seek yoga and meditation retreats;
- The Maldives, Bali and Thailand are the most desired destinations;
- Almost half of the respondents (48.7%) use Instagram to research a resort;
- 78% of respondents prefer all-inclusive packages that include accommodation, treatments, meals and activities in the price;
- Nine in 10 wellness travellers are more likely to book a retreat with plastic-free policies.
“Wellness tourism is the travel industry’s fastest growing sector,” explains Dervla Louli Musgrave, founder and editor-in-chief of Compare Retreats. “Latest figures indicate wellness tourism is a US$500 billion market. It’s predicted this figure will exceed US$800 billion by 2020. Given these boom conditions, it’s critical retreat owners and hospitality professionals address the preferences and needs of wellness travellers.”
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation