October once again heralds the start of the summer cruise season and the world’s biggest cruise promotion with Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Australasia encouraging Australians and New Zealanders to ‘#ChooseCruise’ this month.
CLIA’s annual month-long cruise campaign has been renamed #ChooseCruise and while it’s taking place under a new banner, the goal is still the same – to raise awareness of cruising as a great value, easy, fun and memorable holiday, and encourage people from all walks of life to plan and book a cruise.
The #ChooseCruise campaign has kicked off this week with CLIA accredited agents and CLIA member cruise lines promoting the joys of ocean cruising. River, luxury and expedition cruising will be promoted in the coming weeks.
CLIA Australasia & Asia Managing Director Joel Katz said Australians and New Zealanders love to cruise, with both markets experiencing steady growth over the past decade.
“Whether it’s a week-long holiday in the South Pacific, a short break up or down the coast, a fly-cruise getaway to Asia, Europe, the Americas or a bucket list expedition to Antarctica, there is an ocean cruise for everyone,” Mr Katz said.
“Cruising is an easy and great value way to travel, and with every cruise including meals, accommodation, entertainment and transport in the fare, it’s easy to #ChooseCruise. We’re so spoiled for choice these days, the hard part can be finding the right ocean cruise, which is where a CLIA accredited travel agent comes in. Cruise agents live and breathe cruise so whether a skydive at sea appeals, or indulging in Michelin-star fine dining every night, a CLIA accredited travel agent is the best way to plan and book a holiday at sea.”
As part of #ChooseCruise ‘Ocean Week’ from October 2-8, cruise lines and cruise agents will be offering great promotions all aimed at encouraging more people to enjoy a holiday at sea.
“Ocean cruising is increasingly becoming the holiday of choice for Aussies and Kiwis and during our #ChooseCruise campaign, we hope to shine a light on why cruising really is the ultimate way to travel. A million holidaymakers can’t be wrong!” Mr Katz said.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience