His Royal Highness Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil, the first openly gay Prince in the world and face of the #FreeGayIndia movement, will be the Big Stage PROUD Interview at the second edition of Reed Travel Exhibitions LGBTQ+ show PROUD Experiences, which takes place from 18th to 20th June 2019 in New York City.
H.R.H. will attend The Gathering – PROUD Experiences’ official welcome and opening event that also includes speeches and presentations from relevant personalities within the LGBTQ+ community and travel industry.
H.R.H. Prince Manvendra has been one of India’s main faces for LGBTQ+ activism since he came out and was stripped of his Maharaja, as well as being disowned by his Royal family. Ever since, he opened up his own private palace to make it an LGBTQ+ refuge, started the Lakshya Trust, of which he is chairman – a charity dedicated to HIV/AIDS education and prevention – and has been a strong advocate in last month’s decriminalisation of homosexuality in India.
Simon Mayle, Event Director of PROUD Experiences said: “H.R.H. attendance at PROUD Experiences 2019 is particularly significant now that homosexuality has been decriminalised in India, and the country is expecting a huge uplift in LGBTQ+ tourism, with the community feeling safe to travel the destination – providing a massive boost to Asia’s third-biggest economy.”
India is home to more than 55 million LGBTQ+ adults, with a nominal income of around US$113 billion annually, according to Out Now Consulting.
H.R.H. Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil comments: “It’s an incredible moment for the LGBTQ+ community and all its dedicated industries. I couldn’t be happier for all the achievements obtained this past decade, but there’s still a long way to go, and we will keep fighting. I look forward to my participation at PROUD Experiences; India is now safer and open to all, and the world has to know.
PROUD Experiences is an international travel trade event that brings personally curated buyers and suppliers of travel experiences together through a pre-scheduled appointment system. This event will put the spotlight on a market that now deserves its own attention, with a community that spends over US$200billion a year on leisure travel.
Buyers interested in attending should go to www.proudexperiences.com
The Gathering takes place on the 18th June 2019 at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. PROUD Experiences runs at the same venue, from 18th to 20th June 2019.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience