This year’s Cambodia Travel Mart (CTM) will be held at the prestigious Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Center in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on October 11 – 13, 2018. CTM claims to be the best tourism business platform of Southeast Asia, beating similar events in Viet Nam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines. Counting on 6,000 participants altogether within the three-day period, there will be some 250+ sellers exhibiting hotels, travel agencies, tour operations, airlines and most of all national tourism organizations, which will promote their exciting tourism products. Furthermore, there will be 250+ international buyers from travel agents, tour operators, travel distributors and MICE organizers, including media. Some 250 booths will provide ready-made travel brochures and welcome delegates, buyers and media from all around the world.
So far, buyers from 80 countries split into 55% from Asia, 34% from Europe, 7% from North America, 1% from South America, while from Australia there are 3% to come. Compared to the 3,000 participants, who were counted for CTM 2017 in Siem Reap last year, there are now a doubled number of visitors. Thus, CTM 2018 reaches new heights and it will be expected that H.E. Prime Minister Hun Sen from Cambodia will address all the participants accordingly.
Minister Dr. Thong Khon, Ministry of Tourism of the Kingdom of Cambodia, will be delighted to welcome all the delegates, buyers, sellers and media to wish them a pleasant stay in Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia, the Kingdom of Wonder. Working hard for already many years, Dr. Thong Khon has made the Kingdom of Cambodia one of the fastest growing tourism destinations of Southeast Asia. Rich in cultural, historical and natural wonders, Cambodia offers a full range of services and experiences. With the Angkor temple complex in Siem Reap, the vibrant capital city of Phnom Penh, the eco-tourism pearls of Ratanakhiri and Mondulkhiri, as well as the coastal belt of beach destinations, Cambodia is the real paradise tourists wish to visit. Also, Cambodia has been developed itself to be a MICE destination for international events and conferences.
Watered by the mighty Mekong River, Cambodia is rich in agricultural resources and harvests enough rice, fruit, pepper, coconut and other plants. Gems and other minerals abound, but it is the charm of the people that let you feel the warmth of the country. So be sure that your networking business opportunities during CTM 2018 will be fulfilled and that tourism promotion within ASEAN and in the region will prosper. Interesting to note is that the 3rd International Exhibition for tourism, leisure and the MICE industry will be in Siem Reap again in October 2019.
Written by : Reinhard Hohler
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience