Two events, the BMI International Conference and the 8th Biennial Golf Managers Association of New Zealand Conference, are being held in Queenstown between 4 and 11 October, just as spring brings longer and warmer days for conference delegates to enjoy Queenstown.
The conferences both feature a roster of New Zealand’s top business personalities, including Queenstown residents Sam Hazeldine speaking about the three foundations of success, and Sir Michael Hill will speak about building an international brand ‘down under’ at a luncheon at his own The Hills Golf Club.
Retired Air New Zealand director and high-profile tourism figure Norm Thompson will discuss creating a winning culture, CEO of New Zealand Golf Dean Murphy on planning for the future, and PGA Golf Tourism NZ’s Ryan Brandenburg talking about the international marketing success story that is New Zealand golf.
Golf Managers Association NZ executive officer Des Topp says hosting the conference in Queenstown provides an inspiring backdrop to showcase some of New Zealand’s brightest business minds alongside many of our most well-respected golf industry people.
“These conferences both highlight our credentials on an international scale, and improve knowledge and evolve the sector in New Zealand,” he says.
Delegates will experience Queenstown’s high-profile courses Millbrook Resort and The Hills Golf Club as well as taking in Queenstown’s scenery with a range of activities, from a lake cruise to the AJ Hackett Kawarau Bridge Bungy.
The Queenstown Convention Bureau secured this piece of business and its timing during the spring shoulder season highlights the value of working to enhance Queenstown’s reputation as a premium C&I destination.
Queenstown Convention Bureau director Kiran Nambiar says the Bureau welcomes the combined conferences to Queenstown.
“Queenstown’s golf offering is world class, and having that on show to delegates at both of these conferences, especially during the longer days of spring, is a coup for the region and its C&I industry,” he says.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience