Jason will be responsible for leading RCL Cruises’ Strategic Account, Key Account, and Field Sales Teams and continuing to strengthen relationships with RCL Cruises’ valuable trade partners in the region. Jason will be based in RCL Cruises’ Sydney office, reporting to Susan Bonner, Vice President and Managing Director.
“The cruise industry has always fascinated me. There is so much potential in this region, and I feel privileged and excited to be a part of it. We all have an important part to play in order to successfully meet demand and continue to grow both Australian and New Zealander’s appetites for cruising,” said Jason Triebel.
Jason comes to RCL Cruises with over twenty years’ experience in the travel industry, most recently engaged on independent consulting assignments and pursuing his love of travel. Prior to this, Jason was with Qantas Airways for nineteen years, in which he held a number of commercial leadership roles across the organisation with his most recent position as Head of Global Sales and Tourism Development.
“Jason has had an exceptional career to date and brings with him a deep understanding of the travel industry and our mutual customers. This appointment confirms our commitment to growing and strengthening our relationship with our important trade partners and wider community,” said Susan Bonner.
Jason is passionate about creating engaging customer propositions and building long term strategic partnerships. As well as holding an absolute passion for travel, Jason loves to cook and is a long-time CrossFit and yoga enthusiast.
Jason replaces Kathryn Valk who has moved into an expanded role as Director of Marketing for RCL Cruises in Australia and New Zealand. Kathryn will take up the broader responsibilities of Public Relations and Brand Innovation.
Over the coming weeks, RCL Cruises will make a number of progressive trade announcements, including a new dedicated Trade Portal and Guest Direct Payment enhancements. These initiatives highlight RCL Cruises’ commitment to continuously seek opportunities that make it easier for trade partners and guests.
“This is a strong, developing, innovative industry with a bright future. We are a hard-working, passionate industry and working together is vital in our continued success. We look forward to sharing more positive announcements in the near future,” said Bonner.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience