The 2018 Asian Games villages provide accommodation for over 16,000 athletes, spread over the two Athletes’ Villages with 6,000 rooms in Jakarta and over a thousand in Palembang (a larger number of athletes than the Olympics).
Meeting the requirements set by INASGOC and planning for an effective management and oversight of the villages for the scale of this event have their challenges as the villages are in two different cities with Archipelago International utilizing the help and expertise of over 600 staff, support personnel, logistical, IT and Programming specialists to ensure the comfort and safety of all the guests staying at the Athlete’s Villages.
John Flood, President and CEO of Archipelago International spoke about his delight at being chosen to provide the accommodation for the elite athletes from over 45 countries at the Asian Games and the great support they have received from INASGOC and everyone involved so far:
“We’re delighted to be a part of the history and working alongside INASGOC and all the various government departments has been a real pleasure and a great experience — everyone is really focused and totally committed to making the games a roaring success and making Indonesia proud.”
“We’re all pulling together to make the villages a great place to stay — safe, comfortable and enjoyable — something they’ll remember for the rest of their lives. There will be athletes whose real victory was earning a place on their national team and reaching the games, so they look to soak up more of the atmosphere of the games — for others, however, being on the podium is the only thing on their mind.”
“It’s part dormitory, part dining hall, part lounge; a place to prepare for the defining moment in any athlete’s life and a place to unwind or people-watch before or between competitions. It’s this kind of environment we are trying to create and plan to deliver.”
Follow @ArchipelagoInternational on social media for more interesting news about our hotels across Indonesia and Malaysia. Download Archipelago Membership Apps to get special discounts when staying in our hotels, or simply use BOOKDIRECT promotional code for a guaranteed 10% off from best available rate!
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience