The Star Sydney has once again been recognised for outstanding quality, winning four categories in the esteemed Tourism Accommodation Australia NSW Awards for Excellence 2018 held at The Star Event Centre
Nominated across 11 categories, this year the Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards recognised The Star for its exceptional dining and talent across the business. One of these accolades includes Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels) for BLACK Bar & Grill, a fine dining establishment that presents the finest steakhouse cuisine, inspired by contemporary Australia and its seasonal produce.
The Star also picked up the top award in the following categories: • Revenue / Yield Talent of the Year: Kate Watt • Human Resources Talent of the Year: Judith Mackenzie • Rooms Division Talent of the Year: Daniel Worlsey (highly commended)
Dino Mezzatesta, COO of Hotels, Retail and Food and Beverage, attributes the win to The Star’s passionate workforce and their relentless pursuit of excellence in all areas of its business.
“Winning four awards is a simply outstanding achievement. Congratulations to our wonderful team who take the utmost pride in delivering execellence in service, memorable moments and unique experiences for all our guests and visitors. Such recognition wouldn’t be possible without them,” he said.
“Under the expertise of Executive Chef, Dany Karam, BLACK Bar & Grill continues to go from strength to strength. Winning Restaurant of the Year is testament to the relentless passion the team injects into their work, and firmly cements it as one of Australia’s most impressive restaurants.”
Last night’s win for BLACK Bar & Grill joins a number of other wins for the dining establishment, including Chef of the Year for Dany Karam at last year’s NSW Tourism Accomodation Australia Awards, Three Goblets at the Gourmet Traveller Awards for the last three years running, and Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
BLACK Bar & Grill will compete for the national title at the National Awards for Excellence, which will take place on Monday, 17 September 2018 at the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast.
Recognised as the most prestigious hospitality and tourism awards, the TAA NSW Awards for Excellence ceremony was held last Thursday night and honours the achievement of excellence in a range of categories in the accommodation industry.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam