For the third year running, Royal Caribbean International has won the two top awards for the cruising category at the AFTA National Travel Industry Awards 2018. The line was awarded Best Cruise Operator, International; and Best Cruise Operator, Domestic at the annual ceremony on Saturday night.
Since 2005, Royal Caribbean has received the Best Cruise Operator award nine times. Today, its fleet comprises 25 of the world’s newest, largest and most incredible, including three local favourites – Radiance of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas, returning to Australia for the summer season in October 2018.
“We are so grateful to our travel agent partners for their incredible and unrelenting support, year after year,” said Kathryn Valk, Director of Marketing and Sales, Royal Caribbean International Australia and NZ. “We’ll never stop bringing our guests the industry’s most adventure-packed cruise holidays, with some of the best dining, entertainment and accommodations in the world, and we’ll continue coming up with innovative ways to work seamlessly with our agents.”
RCL Cruises has plenty in store for guests this summer, with Royal Caribbean’s Ovation of the Seas returning for her third and longest season yet based down under.
Culinary favourite, Radiance of the Seas, will offer Royal Caribbean’s very first departure from Melbourne, as well as three one-way cruises departing from Auckland.
Meanwhile Explorer of the Seas – the South Pacific family favourite – returns down under for her fourth season. Sister ship Voyager of the Seas will temporarily homeport in Asia for the 2018/19 season, before returning fresh from a multimillion dollar modernisation next year.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience