The Victorian Government will have a suite of effective and integrated transport solutions available to improve Victoria’s transport system, after today’s release of the Victorian Chamber’s Transport Taskforce Report: Gearing up for Success.
Chief Executive Mark Stone AM said the report, developed by the Victorian Chamber in partnership with a team of industry experts and led by board member Brian Negus, sets out how Victoria’s transport system can meet the challenges of strong population and trade growth.
“Victoria has a good transport system but it needs to be developed to manage forecast strong population and trade growth, with Victoria’s population projected to increase from 5.9 million to 10.1 million people by 2051.
“The recommendations contained within the Transport Taskforce Report strengthen the economy, support trade and investment, boost tourism, help get people to where jobs are and improve liveability across the state,” he said.
Transport system improvement is a long-standing priority for the Victorian Chamber and part of its 2018 Election Campaign,Stronger Business Stronger Victoria.
Mr Stone also highlighted the importance of avoiding damaging Victoria from partisan approaches to infrastructure planning.
“The recommendations in the Taskforce Report provide a platform to end the uncertainty that comes from partisan approaches to Victoria’s transport system,” Mr Stone said.
To view a copy of the he Victorian Chamber’s Transport Taskforce Report: Gearing up for Success, visit:victorianchamber.com.au
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation