The Ritz-Carlton today announced a global collaboration with Hearst Magazines Digital Media on “The Stay,” a groundbreaking digital campaign that explores the infinite possibilities offered by a stay at The Ritz-Carlton through the lens of five original short films.
To kick off the campaign, the luxury hotel brand and digital media company teamed up to launch a worldwide talent call in a bid to discover the next big talent in filmmaking. The contest asks emerging writers and directors to submit screenplays setting the scene for their take on “what happens next” after two actors enter a bustling Ritz-Carlton hotel lobby, check in and are shown up to their suite.
“We are thrilled to collaborate with Hearst Magazines Digital Media to showcase The Ritz-Carlton experience through the lens of five different writers and directors,” said Lisa Holladay, Global Brand Leader for The Ritz-Carlton. “By selecting up and coming talent, we hope to create a unique platform to showcase their art, as well as new and interesting perspectives of a stay with The Ritz-Carlton. We look forward to working with Hearst to capture The Ritz-Carlton experience on film, from our signature design to the legendary service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen.”
A panel of five judges – featuring Academy Award-nominated director and writer Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas), YouTube’s head of content for the EMEA region Luke Hyams, Harper’s BAZAAR UK digital editor Sarah Karmali, Esquire.com culture editor Tyler Coates, and Lisa Holladay of The Ritz-Carlton – will select five winning writer/director(s) who will each receive a fully-funded opportunity to develop, direct and produce their short film, bringing their creative vision to life.
“We are excited to align the distinct voices of our brands, including Esquire and Harper’s Bazaar, with a brand as illustrious as The Ritz-Carlton to launch this ground-breaking creative program,” said Todd Haskell, SVP and Chief Revenue Offer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media.
“It is our firm belief that ‘The Stay’ will showcase the breadth of what can be achieved within a luxury, brand-safe environment with a campaign that is as exciting as it is unique.”
The winning directors will each travel to one of five international Ritz-Carlton properties – including the United Arab Emirates; Hong Kong; and Grand Cayman – to shoot their respective films.
The five finished short films will premiere in November across HMDM’s global luxury digital brands – anchored on HarpersBAZAAR.com and Esquire.com – across the U.S., Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as on Ritz-Carlton social and digital platforms.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam